Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Como Zoo Craziness

I decided it would be a great adventure to see some animals at Como Park Zoo on Monday... we are always reading books about animals and identifying them and talking about what sounds they make.. why not see them in person?!
Unfortunately, I didn't look at the forecast when I made this decision, so I was a little shocked when it turned out to be one of the hottest days on record!
We got to the zoo and I was drenched in sweat before it even opened. Maneuvering the double stroller through bus loads of field trippers and hoards of irritated caregivers was not what I had hoped for from our outting..
But the boys did get to get up close and personal with a few animals.
They saw a giraffe right up close. They both just stared in amazement.
 The snow lepoard was also right up against the glass. Poor guy, he was probably thinking, "what in the world is an animal with the word 'snow' doing in this heat?!"
 We also got a pretty close look at the lions. The female was inside and while we were up at the glass, she came and put her paws right next to Kyler and looked at him. It was creepy!
 Of course, they were even more excited about the bike rack as we were leaving. We did manage to have a picnic (if you count eating a peanut butter sandwich and potato chips while walking around a bike rack as a picnic)..

Of course, when we got home, the water table was still the activity of choice. I did get a sprinkler yesterday so hopefully that will become more of a hit with them :-)
Kyler's like, "don't worry dude, I wouldn't do anything to you that I wouldn't do to myself... see watch, I love water!"

No comments:

Post a Comment